For small genomes and targeted resequencing
The Ion S5 is bigger than a breadbox but still fits comfortably on your benchtop.
Thermo positions the Ion S5 and Ion S5XL solidly in the targeted resequencing camp. You can use their existing panels or create your own custom panels to screen thousands of samples for variants in the exact locations you choose.
Semiconductor sequencing is unique in that it does not depend on special optics or modified nucleotide reagents. The process is based on the detection of released protons, measured as a change in pH, as nucleotides are incorporated into a growing DNA strand.
- Sample chips are available in 3 easy-to-load formats to optimize reagent consumption and minimize cost/sample
- Integrated barcodes track samples for data integrity
- Prepare samples with as little as 45 minutes of hands on time using the Ion Chef system for semi-automated library prep
- No optics. No modified nucleotides. Short run times.
- For a higher weekly throughput, choose the Ion S5 XL with shorter analysis times
- Only 10ng of DNA input needed
|Read Length (bp)||Reads/Chip||Output (200 bp)||Output (400 bp)|
|Ion 520||200-400||3-5 Million||0.6-1.0 Gb||1.2-2 Gb|
|Ion 530||200-400||15-20 Million||3-4 Gb||6-8 Gb|
|Ion 540||200||60-80 Million||10-15 Gb||-NA-|
|200 bp||2.5 hr|
|400 bp||4 hr|
|200 bp||400 bp|
|Ion S5||520||5 hr||8 hr|
|530||8 hr||17.5 hr|
|Ion S5 XL||520||1 hr||2 hr|
|530||2.5 hr||4 hr|